Monday, January 14, 2008

I got wasted with the Jap girl at the local clubs again on Friday night. She is leaving soon, so let's just say I'm doing some trashing of my body and my wallet for the last couple of times. The guys here are scary. They would ask if we would want to go home with them at the end of the night. This random guy on the street who had a chicken pie, which my girl friend took some bites out of, continued to walk with/followed us. I insisted to walk her home because it seemed like she couldn't take care of herself in that sense, if you know what I mean. Her hostel has a key pad security lock on the fence, so we went in and shut the gate quickly. While she was in the washroom, the guy took a piss outside of the tree fence. He was hanging around and trying to peek through for awhile but we could see his shadow through the holes between the leaves (dumbass). I was drunk and whispering to her that I was scared, so we kept quiet for awhile

until the coast was clear. I finally opened the gate and took a peek, no one was out there so I ran and speedwalked home. The sun started to come up which I really hate after a night of partying. I ran pass some guys we danced with earlier and I gave them one word answers while I continued my trotting. Also, I waved back at some strangers who were waving at me across the street. When I'm drunk, I'm usually on a mission like that, or maybe I think everyone is out to get me all the time. Usually I'm just glad I made it home.

On Saturday, I was waken up by a call, with a hung over. I had agreed to go out with the guy who works beside my restaurant on this day. He took me to Palm Beach which was a 30 minute drive from Manly. The heat in the car combined with my hungover made me feel carsick and not so well. I went into the ocean after we got there after awhile. The waves were quite strong and I had trouble standing with any kind of stability. The fear was there even without a surfboard, and I think I need to overcome at some point. Afterwards, we went to his place and he cooked me a meal. He is a nice guy and kinda cute, but nothing too spectacular between our interaction. Uh huh, I know I'm picky. But there was one big realization came over me during our conversation....that I'm basically cut off from the world! I was wondering why I don't know any new songs or movies coming out, because all the media in the local newspaper (Manly at least) and TV are mostly about Australia or sports. It's a bit shocking.

Sunday, the Jap girl and I had BBQ at her hostel because they had a killer grill. She bought organic chicken for me, yay! I chatted with some of the people at her hostel as well and the vibe seemed better there since the social bench was located right by the entrance. I liked that place more than my old hostel, and I wish I knew about it earlier.

I don't want to give you a quick run down of what happens everyday but having our own bbq is worth mentioning, I think!


Here's a bigger news- I went to my interview for the massage company today.

It was a group interview with 3 girls including myself. The interviewer asked some typical interview questions, and then, we were set off to go on a break where she would contact us by phone to let us know if we made it or not. My answers were horrible and I thought I was so going to be sent home. She called and said she was debating on me but would like to see my interaction skills during the massage practice. So yes, I'm in for the second round.

It looked like all 3 of us got in, with this extra Chinese girl in the room. She did her first interview in the November and was doing her second one today. She was SO (like totally) ditzy and I could not stand her! I am both turned off and amused by her, because I usually would not interact with people like that. At the end of our hands-on trial, the interviewer pulled me and the ditz to another room and said our skills sucked (okay, not in those words). I thought that was the end of it, but then she said our personalities were good so she will give us more training. So yay, I got the job! Yes, working for this company is more about 50 % massage and 50% social +sales. I could not believe my massage skills were so horrible. I also could not believe she said that girl's personality was good either. At least the ditz means no harm, compare to the Brazillian girl who works at my restaurant. I feel that she does not like me, beacuse she acts a bit condescending and bossy. She would seem annoyed whenever I did something wrong. I started to avoid her as much as I could, and talk in my own head things that I would perhaps like to say to her. Anyhow, she is leaving next week so I don't really have to deal with this issue much longer.

There has been a bit of rain and storms again. When it rained, it seemed like everyone was sluggish at work that evening. Now I remember what Vancouver feels like! Talking to some friends online about Vancouver weather really made me appreciate being away from it. I miss the place and my peeps, but perhaps the expense and troubles were all worth it afterall. I don't really see myself living somewhere else permanently, but I cannot see myself trying to dread through every winter there. Maybe if I had a car and a koala bear to cuddle with at home, then it's all good.
....wait...just talked to Tina. I had a quick run down of her version from Anthony's bday fight. I really miss and wish I was there to stick it out with them. I think that would have been my only chance to get into a fight for the first time and as a youngster (big 3-0 coming soon). Talking about it made me kind of excited, so I think I CAN live with the rain for my friends afterall...if An doesn't move away when I go back!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! you got the job!!! good luck!

be careful ar when you're walking home alone!!!

we all miss ya

peggy xoxo

Con said...

I don't know how long I will last in this job now, but everything is all good cuz if I don't have obligation I can just move onto Melbourne next.

Anonymous said...

it's cold here in vancouver.

enjoy the weather there!

good luck with the new job

karen